Monday, September 28, 2020

StyleBender:- I’m Honoured My Song Boosted Stylebender’s Victory Over Costa- Ruggedman


 LAGOS- Veteran Nigerian rap music star, Michael Ugochukwu Stephens, better known as ‘Ruggedman’, has expressed excitement over his 2007 hit song titled ‘Ruggedy Baba’, been used as entry song by UFC Middleweight Champion, Israel Adesanya, a.k.a Stylebender, at his recent fight with Paulo Henrique Costa, whom he eventually defeated...

In an exclusive chat with INDEPENDENT, the dexterous rapper noted how excited and honoured he feels to have his song used by the world champion.

“It makes me feel great and honoured that a great fighter and champion like Israel Adesanya chose my song out of the millions out there. Especially a track with so much depth and cultural message.”

He added; “It shows how deep he is too. Then when he responded to my congratulatory message to him by saying “the song fired him up” it was just a great honour. To top it all up, he won the fight with ease.”

Speaking on how he stumbled on the news, he said; “I did not know the very minute he used it, because I was working on my TV show till late and slept off. But I woke up to a lot of tags and mentions on and about it. I got to know from thousands of tags and mentions on social media when I woke up. It was definitely a good thing to wake up to.”

Contrary to speculations that he might consider suing the world champion for intellectual/copyright infringement, he said; “I cant call that theft. He did not perform the song to a crowd or say he owns the music.”

“I knew there should be something for him using the music as his walked out with the song. Whatever there is will be worked out, but I am more honoured by him using it. But nothing like theft here.”



Story by :- INDEPENDENT NIGERIA

No comments: